Home › Company › History
Share it!

H&N Sport: a tradition of succes

H&N Sport is one the leading manufacturers worldwide for highly accurate airgun pellets and bullets for reloaders and muzzle-loaders. Our extensive knowledge and our skilled craftsmanship are founded on over 180 years of our company tradition.

The roots of H&N Sport go back as far as the 1830s. In the beginning the business was industrial manufacture of milled lead and lead foil: lead bars were cast in plates, partly by adding tin, and rolled into foil by hand. This was used for beating out tobacco tins and tea caddies.


The start of lead shot production

In 1847 Carl Georg August Natermann acquired the former Hann. Münden fortified tower and commenced production of lead shot. Until the 1980s shot was produced here under the “Lätare” name. Apart from lead weights and plumb lines, different calibre bullets were manufactured early on for the target rifles of that time.


From 1950 to the present day: bullets and pellets that meet the highest standards

Since the 1950s, H&N has also manufactured a wide range of different calibre airgun pellets for the most diverse applications, in addition to bullets for muzzle-loaders and large-calibre firearms. Production is carried out exclusively on our own purpose-built machinery.

 

H&N Sport’s long tradition and experience have proven to be profitable: today around two-thirds of all top marksmen and women use our ammunition in international and national competitions in the 10m Olympic events. A fact that makes us very proud and provides recognition for our work.

    
Important dates in the company´s history:

2013

          Relocation of Haendler & Natermann Sport GmbH in production

          site

2008

Separation from the parent company Haendler & Natermann GmbH to become a 100% independent company

1991

Separate start-up of H&N Sport GmbH as an independent subsidiary of Haendler & Natermann GmbH

Since 1955

Production of air rifle pellets, bullets for muzzle-loaders and ammunition

1946

Resumption of manufacture, including finishing aluminium foil

1898

Modernisation of the shell factory and lead rolling mill

1884

Founding of the company health insurance fund

1848

Start of lead shot production in the “Hagelturm”

1840

Industrial manufacture of milled lead and lead foil

1825

Founding of the company

 

 

Follow us!

And visit us on: